Future Annual General Meetings
- The 32nd Annual General Meeting in 2022 will be held in Namibia, under the leadership of Assoc. Prof. Harmony Musiyarira.
- The 33rd Annual General Meeting in 2023 will be held in Clausthal, Germany, under the leadership of Prof. Oliver Langefeld.
- The 34th Annual General Meeting in 2024 will be held in Sydney, Australia, under the leadership of Prof. Serkan Saydam.
Past Annual General Meetings (AGMs) (*)
- The 2021 AGM (31st Annual General Meeting) was held in Medellin, Colombia, between 21 and 24 September 2021. The meeting was co-hosted by the School of Mines at Universidad Nacional de Colombia and AIMC (Asociación de Profesionales del Sector Minero Colombiano – Colombian mining sector professionals), under the leadership of Prof. Oscar Jaime Restrepo Baena. It included a three-day program (Sept 22-24, 2021) with committee and council meetings held on Sept 21, 2021. In addition it included a number of technical tours before and after the meeting. This is the first meeting that was held in hybrid mode, i.e. participants in Medellin interfaced through Zoom with participants from all over the world in different time zones. The meeting was attended by 66 in-person participants and 68 on-line participants representing 19 countries. For the final program, click here. For pictures click here.
- The 2019 AGM (30th Annual General Meeting) was held in Bochum, Germany, between 29 June and 5 July, 2019. The meeting was hosted by the TH Georg Agricola University under the leadership of Prof. Jürgen Kretschmann. It included a three-day program (1‐3 July, 2019) with a plenary session on the morning of the first day of technical meeting. It also included technical tours in the Ruhr Area on the 4th and 5th of July, 2019. The meeting was attended by a record number of 110 participants, where Germany was represented by 29 participants, the USA was represented by 11 participants and Australia was represented by 9 participants. There was a total of 30 countries represented in the meeting. The final program is available here. For pictures click here.
- The 2018 AGM (29th Annual General Meeting) was held in Beijing, China from July 3rd through July 6th, 2018. The meeting was hosted under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, the People's Republic of China, and co-hosted by the University of Science and Technology Beijing, the China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing), and the North China Institute of Science and Technology, under the leadership of Professor Zhongxue Li. The first circular can be accessed here. The second circular can be accessed here. The third circular can be accessed here. Instructions for hotel registration can be accessed here. For pictures click here. A short youtube video, tribute to the outgoing Secretary General, Prof. Bruce Hebblewhite, is available here.
- The 2017 AGM (28th Annual General Meeting) was held in Torino, Italy, in July 2017. The conference website was http://www.symposium.it/en/events/2017/28th-somp-annual-meeting-and-conference. The final conference program can be accessed here. For pictures click here.
- The 2016 AGM (27th Annual General Meeting) was held in Washington DC, USA in September 2016. The final conference program can be accessed here. For pictures click here.
- The 2015 AGM (26th Annual General Meeting) was held in Freiberg, Germany, in June 2015. The web site for the meeting was http://tu-freiberg.de/en/somp2015. The final conference program can be accessed here. For pictures click here.
- The 2014 AGM (25th Annual General Meeting) was held in Johannesburg, South Africa, in June 2014. For pictures click here.
- The 2013 AGM (24th Annual General Meeting) was held in Milos, Greece, in June 2013. The meeting website was http://somp2013.conferences.gr/. For pictures click here.
- The 2012 AGM was held in Wroclaw, Poland.
- The 2011 AGM was held in Arequipa, Peru.
- The 2010 AGM was held in Tallinn, Estonia.
- The 2009 AGM was held in Sydney, Australia.
- The 2008 AGM was held in Aachen, Germany.
- The 2007 AGM was held in Belgrade, Serbia.
- The 2006 AGM was held in Kosice, Slovak Republic.
- The 2005 AGM was held in Ankara Turkey.
- The 2004 AGM was held in Freiburg, Germany.
- The 2003 AGM was held in Milos, Greece.
- The 2002 AGM was held in Petrosani, Romania.
(*) members can access the material presented in most of these meetings, by logging in and selecting "Documents" from the side menu.
- In December 2003 a Joint meeting was held with AISMIN (Asociacion Iberoamericana de Ensenanza Superior de la Mineria) in Madrid Spain.