Future Annual General Meetings
- The 30th Annual General Meeting in 2019 will be held in Bochum, Germany, between 29 June and 5 July, 2019. The meeting will be hosted by the TH Georg Agricola University under the leadership of Prof. Jürgen Kretschmann. It will include a three-day program (1‐3 July) with the plenary session on the morning of the first day of technical meeting. It will also include technical tours in the Ruhr Area on the 4th and 5th of July, 2019.
- The 31st Annual General Meeting in 2020 will be held in Medellin, Colombia, under the leadership of Prof. Oscar Restrepo.
Past Annual General Meetings (AGMs) (*)
- The 2018 AGM was held in Beijing, China from July 3rd through July 6th, 2018. The meeting was hosted under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, the People's Republic of China, and co-hosted by the University of Science and Technology Beijing, the China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing), and the North China Institute of Science and Technology, under the leadership of Professor Zhongxue Li. The first circular can be accessed here. The second circular can be accessed here. The third circular can be accessed here. Instructions for hotel registration can be accessed here. Photos are available here. A short youtube video, tribute to the outgoing Secretary General, Prof. Bruce Hebblewhite, is available here.
- The 2017 AGM was held in Torino, Italy, in July 2017. The conference website was http://www.symposium.it/en/events/2017/28th-somp-annual-meeting-and-conference. The final conference program can be accessed here. For pictures click here.
- The 2016 AGM was held in Washington DC, USA in September 2016. The final conference program can be accessed here. For pictures click here.
- The 2015 AGM was held in Freiberg, Germany, in June 2015. The web site for the meeting was http://tu-freiberg.de/en/somp2015. The final conference program can be accessed here. For pictures click here.
- The 2014 AGM was held in Johannesburg, South Africa, in June 2014. For pictures click here.
- The 2013 AGM was held in Milos, Greece, in June 2013. The meeting website was http://somp2013.conferences.gr/. For pictures click here.
- The 2012 AGM was held in Wroclaw, Poland. For pictures click here.
- The 2011 AGM was held in Arequipa, Peru. For pictures click here.
- The 2010 AGM was held in Tallinn, Estonia. For pictures click here.
- The 2009 AGM was held in Sydney, Australia. For pictures click here.
- The 2008 AGM was held in Aachen, Germany. For pictures click here.
- The 2007 AGM was held in Belgrade, Serbia. For pictures click here.
- The 2006 AGM was held in Kosice, Slovak Republic.
- The 2005 AGM was held in Ankara Turkey.
- The 2004 AGM was held in Freiburg, Germany.
- The 2003 AGM was held in Milos, Greece.
- The 2002 AGM was held in Petrosani, Romania.
(*) members can access the material presented in most of these meetings, by logging in and selecting "Documents" from the side menu.
- In December 2003 a Joint meeting was held with AISMIN (Asociacion Iberoamericana de Ensenanza Superior de la Mineria) in Madrid Spain.